1. Who is appointed as the new Telecom Secretary?
Answer. J.S. Deepak
2. Who has been appointed as the new Secretary for the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises?
Answer. Krishan Kumar Jalan
3. Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu announced the list of how many cities that have qualified to build smart infrastructure with Rs. 200 crore each from the Central government’s first phase of funding?
Answer. 20 cities
4. The Human Resource Development Ministry appointed who, as the one-man commission of inquiry into the circumstances that led to the suicide of Hyderabad University research scholar Rohit Vemula?
Answer. Ashok K. Roopanwal
5. India’s economy expanded by how much percent in the financial year ended March 2015, marginally slower than the previous estimate of 7.3 per cent?
Answer. 7.2 per cent
6. The government’s fiscal deficit for the first nine months (April-December) of this financial year stood at how much percent of the annual target?
Answer. 88 per cent
7. A 10 per cent government stake sale in which company, was oversubscribed by 2.54 times, according to the government?
Answer. Engineers India (EIL)
8. Name the 75-year-old Indian-origin man who ran a secretive extremist Maoist cult, was sentenced to 23 years in jail by a U.K. court for a string of sexual assaults?
Answer. Aravindan Balakrishnan
9. Who won the Australian Open Women’s Doubles title 2016?
Answer. Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
10. Which Port Trust is investing Rs.120 crore over the next three years in green energy projects in its bid to become a ‘Green Port,’?
Answer. Chennai Port Trust